Party for Socialism and Liberation
You are invited to attend ...
"CAPITALISM IS ORGANIZED CRIME"
a conference taking place on
Sunday, April 19 in Washington, D.C.
The "Capitalism is Organized Crime" conference will take place on Sunday, April 19 from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm at the Festival Center, located at 1640 Columbia Rd. NW, between 16th and 17th Sts. (green line metro to Columbia Heights), in Washington, D.C.
The conference will link the struggles of those fighting for social and economic justice at home with those fighting against U.S. imperialism and for national liberation around the world, and will address the need for a society organized to meet the needs of the majority rather than to maximize the profit of a few.
FEATURED SPEAKERS at the April 19th Conference will include:
* Marcos García, labor attache at the Venezuelan Embassy in Washington, D.C.
* Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, attorney and co-founder, Partnership for Civil Justice
* Hodari Abdul-Ali, Chair of the Social Justice Task Force for MANA, the Muslim Alliance in North America
* Prof. Zachary Wolfe, George Washington University, chair of the Amicus Curiae Committee of the National Lawyers Guild
* Representative, Friends of the Congo
* Frances Villar, Senator and Senate Parliamentarian of Bronx Community College Student Government, Vice Chair for Legislative Affairs for University Student Senate of City University of New York (CUNY)
* Brian Becker, National Coordinator, ANSWER Coalition
* James Circello, Iraq war veteran and co-coordinator of the Veterans and Service Members Task Force of the ANSWER Coalition
* Eugene Puryear, Howard University student, PSL 2008 Vice-Presidential Candidate
* Crystal Kim, PSL 2008 Candidate for D.C. Council At-Large
SCHEDULE for the day
11:00 am: Doors open for registration
12:00 noon - 2:00 pm: Panel I
Capitalism is Organized Crime
2:30 - 4:00 pm: Panel II
The Struggle Against U.S. Imperialism and for National Liberation
4:30 - 5:15 pm: Panel III
Is Socialism Possible in the United States?
To PRE-REGISTER for the April 19th Conference, click here:
$20 donation requested. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Childcare available. Please call to reserve.
The April 19th "Capitalism is Organized Crime" Conference is hosted by the Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL).
For more information, click here:
This image was uploaded with the post Vote PSL in 2008!.
VOTE PSL in 2008!
Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL)
*Gloria La Riva for President and
Eugene Puryear for Vice President
*Iraq war veteran Michael Prysner for Congress (22nd, Fl.)